More acne scars caused by the bad behavior of the acne or skin, such as the habit of squeezing pimples. When the acne breaks out, it may cause the surface of the skin to become damaged, leaving scars, such as stains and holes. Here are many ways to eliminate acne.
The good news, you have many options to eliminate acne scars, treatments can be done at home. The time can be fast, can also be long, depending on how big the acne scars, can be 1 day only, or even up to 30 days.
Read also: A Good Fruit Choice for a Natural Diet
How to Eliminate acne scars?
From so many ways, we would recommend implementing natural treatments. The methods ranging from maintaining skin hygiene, exfoliate dead skin cells, keep skin moist, to change eating habits and skin care.
Treatment tips are indeed very long, but its effectiveness no doubt. Here is the index of the method we describe:
Method # 1: Always Clean the Face
The key to getting rid of acne scars is to keep the skin clean properly. Unfortunately, not many people care about this.
1. Non-detergent Facial Cleanser
The facts show that most commercial facial cleansers actually bring more problems for the skin. This is because the content of detergent in the product that can cause irritation to the sensitive skin.
As a first step to free the face of acne scars, then try to replace your facial cleanser with a detergent-free. Products like these you can find in pharmacies. There, you can consult first, especially if you belong to the sensitive skin owner.
You can also make organic facial cleanser by:
- Bring 1 teaspoon of green into a warm cup of water, then wait for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea water and chill it for 15 minutes.
- Apply to your face with cotton or face tissue.
- Rinse thoroughly.
2. Wash Your Face Properly
A clean and free face from acne scars does not always depend on the type of cleaning product you use, but also how you can wash your face. For the correct face wash procedure, follow these instructions:
- Be sure to wash your hands first before proceeding to clean face. It is intended that dirty and bacteria in hand do not move to face and clog pores.
- Before using cleaning products, wash your face first with warm water or cold water.
- When using cleaning products, gently massage using fingertips about 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water, then pat lightly using a clean towel. Do not dry your face by rubbing with a towel.
- For the frequency of washing the face, dermatologists suggest to limit as much as two times only. So, just wash your face in the morning and evening only, unless you often sweat in the daytime. This is because sweating can make skin irritated.
3. Wash your face with milk
In addition to washing the right face, wash with healthy ingredients, how to eliminate acne scars that we recommend other is to wash the face using pure milk.
Why? Because milk has a lactic acid content that can work as a natural exfoliate that will lift dead skin cells as well as smoothing the skin color.
Here is how to wash your face with milk:
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pure milk, then apply slowly to face using cotton.
- Give massage with circular motion about 3-5 minutes. The longer you do it, the more dirt can be removed from the pores.
- Clean the face with cold water, then dry by patting the face with a clean towel.
- If your skin is oily or overgrown by inflamed pimples, mix the pure milk with rice flour to form a paste resembling a paste.
- You can also replace milk with coconut milk because it has the content of medium chain fatty acids are effective in killing bacteria and reduce nodules and pimples.
4. Dry Orange Skin
The dried orange peel is an excellent natural cleanser for acne scars. The reason is because orange peel is rich in vitamin C, is expected to help the production of collagen and improve skin cells.
Especially for those who have oily skin, orange peel will help to lift the oil layer. Not to mention the content of oil from orange peel that serves as a natural skin moisturizer.
- Dry the orange peel first, it would be better if exposed to sun exposure.
- Pound the orange peel until it is powdered.
- Mix ½ teaspoon orange peel powder with 1 tsp milk, yogurt, or coconut milk.
- Rub gently into your face, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with cold water.
5. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil has a compound that almost resembles the natural oil (sebum) produced by human skin. Interestingly, jojoba oil does not clog pores, unlike what is done by sebum.
By applying jojoba oil, the skin will get a signal that it has produced enough oil, so the natural oil production of the skin can be further suppressed. So, in addition to helping to eliminate acne scars, jojoba oil is also effective to prevent the formation of blackheads.
- Pour 1-3 drops of jojoba oil on cotton, then use as a facial cleanser.
- If your skin is very dry, then use up to 6 drops considering jojoba oil can be used as a natural moisturizer.
- You can also use this jojoba oil as a makeup remover, because it does not cause irritation and allergies.
- You can get jojoba oil at the pharmacy.
Method # 2: Exfoliates the Skin
After understanding a series of ways to cleanse facial skin, this time progresses to the exfoliation stage. Eksfoliasi is a process of exfoliation or removal of dead skin that aims to minimize the appearance of hyperpigmentation (red spots) and acne scars.
Exfoliate is also capable of lifting dead skin piles that clog pores, piles that often trigger the appearance of acne again.
6. Exfoliate Products
Before deciding to use a particular exfoliating product, you should consult your skin problem with a dermatologist . This is because exfoliation can be disastrous for those who are dry and sensitive skin.
People with oily skin have higher levels of immunity that can exfoliate every day. Conversely, for those who are dry-faced and sensitive, it is advisable to limit exfoliation 1-2 times a week.
The general way in doing eksfoliasi it as follows:
- Use a microdermabrasion cloth. Such fabrics are made of micro fibers with the ability to properly remove dirt and oil from within the pores without having to be scrubbed.
- After you wash your face and dry with a soft towel, continue by rubbing the microdermabrasion cloth gently into the face for about 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure that your outer layer of skin can be lifted thoroughly.
- Always wash microdermabrasion cloth after use to keep it clean.
7. Scrub Oatmeal
Oatmeal contains sapiens, a vegetable based compound that can be used as a natural cleanser. In addition, oatmeal also contains phenol with anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and photo-protective properties. With so high levels of starch concentration, making oatmeal very effective in skin rejuvenation, especially for those with sensitive skin types.
How to eliminate acne scars with oatmeal scrubs you can do through the following steps:
- Boil 1 tbsp eat organic oatmeal into ¼ cup water.
- After boiling, remove and chill for 15 minutes.
- Apply the dough to the part that has acne scars accompanied by light massages.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
8. Soda Cake
Baking soda? Sounds weird enough?
Yes indeed! But the fine particles in the baking soda turn out to have excellent ability to remove damaged skin cells while lifting excess sebum. Especially for those who have sensitive skin, baking soda can be absorbed gradually so as not to cause irritation.
- Combine 1 teaspoon baking soda with a little water to form paste dough. If possible, you can replace the water with olive oil, honey, turmeric, or neem leaves.
- Massage into skin that has acne spots for 5 minutes.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly.
- If you have an oily face, then add some lemon juice that aims as astringent, so the appearance of new acne can be more suppressed.
- Meanwhile, if you have acne that is inflamed, you should not use a baking soda scrub.
Method # 3: Moisturize the Skin
Skin that is in dry conditions can cause irritation which then aggravate the appearance of acne scars. That is why the face should always be kept moist . However, many facial moisturizer products that actually cause new problems, such as blackheads.
Well, the third part of how to remove acne scars this time will teach you how the right way to keep skin moist.
9. Natural Products
Prioritize to choose organic cream or lotion. Products like these bases are characterized by the composition of an anti-inflammatory plant extract. So make sure that in the products you use there is a composition of plants such as chamomile, aloe vera, kalendula, green tea, or oats.
In addition to plant extracts, moisturizers that we also recommend are those that contain alpha-hydroxy acid. This content is effective to disguise acne scars, where it consists of lactic acid, glycolic acid, citric acid, malic acid, and also tartaric acid.
Similarly, the content of hyaluronic acid, a natural humectant that helps to retain skin moisture. Its main function is to prevent aging as well as improve the deepest layers of skin, a layer that affects the appearance of acne scars.
Products like the above can be found in pharmacies or cosmetics stores, either in the form of lotions, toners, or sprays.
10. Aloe Vera
With active compounds capable of reducing inflammation and stimulating the growth of new cells, aloe vera is very possible to remove acne scars. In addition, aloe vera also contains aloesin, a substance that will inhibit the formation of melanin, a reason why the skin becomes dark.
You can use aloe vera extract that has been packaged in the form of products and use it directly. The way is as follows:
- Prepare 1 piece of aloe vera, then split into 2 parts and remove the part of the prick.
- To make it easier for you to get the gel part, then peel the top of aloe vera skin.
- Take the gel part, then put it in the container.
- Puree the gel with a fork or blender.
- Apply the gel directly to the face that has acne scars.
- Let stand for 15 minutes and feel the cold sensation.
- Wash your face with warm water.
In addition to aloe vera, calendula content is also very often found in a variety of commercial moisturizer products. Calendula is usually packed in the form of cream and extract.
In addition to disguise acne scars, calendula is also useful to improve skin hydration so as to make it look firmer. For the record, limit the use of this calendula cream on the content of 2% -3% only. Meanwhile, if you want to use it directly, here’s how:
- Prepare 2-3 gr of calendula flowers.
- Boil into water until boiling.
- Wait until the water temperature decreases slightly.
- While still warm, use to wash your face.
- For those of you who are allergic to a group of daisies, may feel an allergic reaction to this herb.
12. Coconut Oil
How to remove acne scars are also worth your try is to use coconut oil. The reason, coconut oil has a mixture of vitamin E and fatty acids that can be anti-inflammatory as well as fighting bacteria that cause infection. Thus, the acne scar healing process can take place more significantly.
In addition, coconut oil also has a function to regenerate skin cells to prevent the formation of new acne scars. Simply by applying 1-2 drops of coconut oil in the morning and evening, is very helpful to overcome the drought in the face significantly.
For those of you who have oily skin types, you should use this coconut oil in a small dose. Similarly, the intensity that can only be around twice a week. The use of coconut oil is too much can actually swear the pores of the face so as to stimulate the formation of new acne.
For maximum results, make sure you use organic coconut oil, virgin, and processed by cold pressing. If you have an allergy to peanuts, you should avoid using this coconut oil.
13. Avocado Mask
Avocado is one type of fruit rich in nutrients, vitamins, and fatty acids. Well, these ingredients that have been proven to medically stimulate collagen production and improve skin tissue, in this case reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Prepare an avocado, then remove the seeds and partake of the meat.
- Blend with a fork or blender.
- Take the dough of the avocado and apply it to the acne scar.
- Let stand about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water, and dry it by patting with a towel.
- If your skin is oily, you should limit the use of this avocado mask only twice a week.
14. Honey Mask
The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of honey are capable of fading acne scars while reducing the formation of new acne. The type of honey that we recommend is manuka honey, because it has the highest concentration of compounds than other types of honey.
Here’s how to make a honey mascet:
- Prepare about 3-5 drops of honey.
- Apply directly to the face that has acne scars.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Once the honey is felt dry, wash your face with cold water.
- This honey mask treatment is suitable for many skin types, and should be done 3 times a week.
Method # 4: Changing Patterns of Life
All things related to acne is very closely related to a person’s healthy lifestyle. Acne can be an indicator that a person’s body has problems. This also applies to the appearance of acne scars, a sign that the person has treated his acne wrongly.
Well, various ways to get rid of acne scars above will be maximal if you accompany it with the change of habit as follows:
15. Do not squeeze
If one day your face is overgrown with new acne, then as much as possible hold your desire to squeeze or split it. However, this habit will only increase the risk of new acne scars. In a certain point, squeezing pimples can cause the spread of more bacteria.
16. Avoid Sun Exposure
In moderate frequency, sunlight has benefits in maintaining the immune system through vitamin D production. However, when sun exposure is excessive, especially when exposing acne scars, it can make it permanent.
Not only that, exposure to excessive sunlight can also cause black spots that do not come from acne. Spots that are also called solar lentigines can form below the skin layer so gradually causing the emergence of small dark spots on the surface of the face.
17. Selective Using Cosmetics
A number of cosmetic products can make the condition of acne worse, even increasing the risk of acne scars. For that, prioritize non-toxin cosmetics and dress your face as necessary only.
Also make sure to use paraben free cosmetics. Paraben is a type of preservative commonly used in cosmetic products, a content that can cause inflammation and irritation, especially for those who already have acne.
Similarly, cosmetic products that rely on synthetic dyes. The reason, human skin is able to absorb up to 60% of substances that are applied to the surface. In addition to negative effects on the skin, synthetic dyes in cosmetics is a neurotoxin that can cause cancer.
18. Do not Smoke
Have you ever heard the term “smokers acne?” This is a term that arises from the body of a smoker who no longer has an inflammatory response in restoring skin like what a non-smoking body has. As a result, the acne scarring process becomes late.
In addition, smoking habits will also reduce skin protein and decrease collagen production. Moreover collagen is a structural protein with a primary function as an anti-aging agent. Collagen is what will encourage the growth and repair of skin cells. Well, when the production of collagen is reduced, then the recovery of acne scars will also be too late.
19. Avoid Stress
Numerous studies have shown that emotional stress has a significant impact on the formation of acne, especially for women. That is, the more your body feels the stress, the more acne will grow, and the greater the potential to leave marks on the face.
In other words, control of stress is a way of removing acne scars via internal pathways. You can reduce the stress level by doing various things, ranging from listening to music, recreation, to meditation.
20. Enough Sleep
Basically, the body already has the ability to repair dead skin cells by itself, and it will happen more leverage when we are sleeping.
Make sure that your sleep time can be consistent and better quality by avoiding caffeine, nicotine and alcohol about 4-6 hours before entering bedtime. This is because these substances can be a stimulant that keeps your body awake.
21. White Water Consumption
Adequate enough water consumption has a significant impact on the acne scar healing process. With a body that is always hydrated, then the process of detoxification or removal of toxins from the body can occur more optimally.
Simply by drinking 8 glasses of water every day, then your efforts in removing acne scars can run more leverage.
22. Regular Sports
Exercise has the ability to strengthen the immune system is expected to help to fight the attacks of bacteria, viruses and various free radical attacks.
Exercise Very helpful in lowering stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. With such positive impacts, it is certain that exercise will have a significant impact on the process of removing acne scars.
Make sure that you can exercise that which is at least 10-15 minutes every day. Moderate exercise such as walking or swimming is very helpful in maintaining the circulation of oxygen throughout the body, especially in the skin.
As for intense sports, you can play football, basketball, or hiking.
Well, that’s a series of ways to eliminate acne scars that are designed specifically to work without producing side effects.
If the suggestions we provide above do not have any impact, then consult with a dermatologist.