192.168.2.1 is the default IP Address of few of the leading home broadband routers. Home Broadband Router Services like Belkin, Edimax, Seimens, SMC, etc. However, this IP Address is set on specific brands & models. But any router or PC on a local network can configure it to use.
Every router has an IP Address which you can utilize to connect the router settings or consoles to make changes. Most of us don’t need to change consoles unless & until we face some sort of trouble or face network issues. If you want to install your router or change some advanced settings then you might have to access this router console.
- Download Install Lucky Patcher Premium APK
- Download Roehsoft Ram Expander Apk Full Version
- Nova Launcher Prime APK for Free!
Using 192.168.2.1 to Connect a Router:
If your router uses 126.96.36.199, you may log into the router’s setting using your local network by just entering the IP on a web browser. For example http://192.168.2.1/ or directly 192.168.2.1 on the URL bar.
Go to the link & enter your administrator username & password. You may change your factory initial data for more security. Below are few of the common default login credentials:
How to Login into the Router consoles using IP Address 192.168.2.1?
Do you want to change your Router’s password or settings? People usually make changes because of security reasons. Well, sometimes people make things wrong. Don’t worry we will explain to you how to login into the Router Consoles using IP Address. Here are steps to login into your router using IP Address:
- Connect your Router & PC via Ethernet cable or RJ45 Cable. Ethernet Cable is usually thin wires with a circuit-glass head, they are often identical too.
- Turn both Router & PC on
- Open a browser of your choice & type http://192.168.2.1/
- Now you will reach the administrator’s login page
- Login your username & password. If you are having a brand new router then use default username & password. You may take username & password from our above-mentioned table.
- Now you will reach your router’s consoles & configuration.
- In order to change username & password, Go to the wireless settings.
- Now, you can easily just select Username & Password
- Change your Username & Password easily
- Enter your New Username & Password
- Click Save Changes
- Eureka! Shout Out!
You have successfully changed username & password. However if there’s something weird pop-up or unknown error pop-up feel free to ask us, we will surely answer you as soon as possible. Now, let’s see how to change IP Address.
How to Change the IP Address 192.168.2.1 router?
Do you want to change IP Address of your router from 192.168.2.1 to something else? Well, you are in the right place. You can do so by going into Advanced Setting. However, the new IP Address should be approximately 192.168.2.1 for safety. The home IP Address changing doesn’t ensure security.
So, we have discussed how to change username, password & IP Address. You might face a few issues while Login. So, we have listed few of the troubleshoots related to IP Address Routers.
Troubleshooting Router Login Issues:
- Sometimes browser shows an error “This webpage is not available”, if you find this error then this can be an error because of the router being offline or it was unable to respond. Few times this might be a technical glitch too. Below are few of the ways to eliminate this error:
- Ensure the Ethernet Cable is in good condition & shape. For non-wireless routers, check the cable connecting your device.
- Check the router’s LED Light which usually blinks. Most of the routers show connection status via these lights. Compare the current display with user guide.
- Reset your Connection if the previous two points are satisfied. Turn off your Internet Modem & unplug its cable from the router. Then turn off your router & PC. Now, plug the cables again in the Modem & start PC as well as Modem. You may try again.
If you face troubles even after trying numerous solutions, you must contact your router manufacturer regarding this issue.
Restrictions while using this Address:
The IP Address 192.168.2.1 is a private IPv4 network address. This means you cannot connect to a router using an outside network except the home network. In simple words you cannot access consoles using an outside network; you will need to reach via a home personal network.
Windows PC user can easily access router’s IP Address using command prompt:
Steps to get IP Address using Command Prompt:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type ipconfig & enter! Now, you will see router’s IP Address under Local Area Connection section.
We have discussed IP Address 192.168.2.1 so far. Overall we have discussed how to change certain things using the IP Address with a troubleshooting solution. We also discussed the simplest way for Windows User to get their IP Address. So, that’s all for today, we hope you might have liked today’s post.
If you face any error or problem while making changes, feel free to contact us via Comment Section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible & help you. We will be back with much more interesting topics, till that “Goodbye & STAY TUNED!”.