Windows 95 is an Operating System developed by Microsoft or MS. This version of Operating System was released on 24th August 1995. 95 was a grand success as people loved this version rather than like Windows 3.1. Windows worked especially on GUI or Graphical User Interface.
There were few new features in 95 that weren’t available in 3.1. Features like Taskbar, “START” button, etc. These features were liked by most of the Windows user & since that time these features are the signature features of Windows OS. The system also offered shortcut folders, meanwhile, running apps were viewed on the taskbar. However, File Manager was later on replaced by Windows Explorer. Windows 95 had Internet Explorer 4 as it’s default internet web browser.
Major Features of Windows 95:
- New features
- GUI was updated & looked more attractive
- Internet Explorer 4
- File Manager was replaced by Windows Explorer.
- Overall a fantastic Operating System
- A turning point for Windows, Revolutionary features!
Windows 95 Basic Details:
|Software Full Name||Windows 95 ISO|
|Setup File Name||Windows.95.ISO.zip|
|Full Setup Size||276 MB|
|Compatibility||32 Bit(x86) / 64 Bit(x64)|
|Memory (RAM)||Minimum 128 MB of RAM|
|Hard Disk Space||Minimum 200 MB free space|
|Processor||Intel Pentium I or above|
How to Install Windows 95 ISO?
Hello Everyone! Many people have been looking for Windows 95 & we have found comments & requests too. So, this is a post for our beloved viewers. We have discussed few basic information regarding Windows 95. So, if you are searching for a guide to know how to download Windows 95 ISO, you are in the right place!
How To Download Windows 96 ISO
Using Android or iOS Device? Has your mobile flooded by viruses? Have advertisements ruined your mobile phones? Looking for something really working & excellent? Want something to protect your device? Well, have a try on “AVAST ANTIVIRUS APK“.
Firstly, you cannot download & install Windows 95 ISO, so you need to download ISO FILE EXTRACTOR. We would like to recommend you to download an ISO File Extractor such as PowerISO. If you have got the ISO Ext. you may download Windows 95 ISO File.
We have discussed what we might need for further steps. Now, you may just follow the given steps & you will soon get Windows 95. Steps are as follows:
- Create a Virtual machine or Drive
- Prepare your Virtual C: Drive
- Launch the Windows 95 Installer
After these above 3 steps are followed, there will be elaborated steps further on the installer. You may just follow those instructions & that’s all.
Making virtual drive is an easy task on Windows 7 to 8.1. However, Windows 10 user faces a bit of difficulty while creating Virtual Drives. We aren’t much sure about Windows 10!
Are you an Android User & facing RAM or storage issue? Well, we have got a solution for you. Why not try “ROEHSOFT RAM-EXPANDER”. Roehsoft Expander gives you virtual RAM that can be an additional support. We would recommend you to try it.
Briefly Explained Steps:
Create A Virtual Drive:
- You can do this by using PowerISO or VirtualBox, this software is completely free & reliable. Available on Windows, macOS & Linux. Once you have installed this virtual drive, click “NEW” & create a new virtual drive.
- Enter the name by your choice & select Windows 95 ISO. Virtual Drive will make a virtual drive. Select RAM value for the virtual drive. However, you may name it “Windows 95” because VirtualBox will automatically extract it. Virtualbox recommends allotment of 64 MB while MS claims that it should not be more than 480 MB. We would recommend you to be in the middle that is 256 MB.
- Continue with the installation guide till VirtualBox prompts “Hard Disk Creation”. Keep it at 2GB as suggested by Virtual Box
- Don’t restart the system once creation is done. First, you need to change a few things. Right-click on Windows 95 Virtual Drive & Select Settings. Select “System” category > Acceleration Tab > Uncheck Enable VT-x/AMD-V”.
- Now, select Storage category & click the virtual drive under Floppy Controller. Choose the Floppy Disk button on the right of FLOPPY DRIVE & click “Choose Virtual Floppy Disk File” in the menu. Search for .img file in boot disk & select it.
- At last, click the Empty Disc drive under the IDE Controller. Go to Disc icon > Choose Virtual Optical Disk File > Browse Windows 95 ISO.file & choose it > OK > Save your settings.
Prepare your Virtual Drive:
- If you have performed the previously discussed steps, you can now reboot your PC. Just right click & boot it. Complete further installation by GUI Setup.
Launch Windows 95:
- Once this installation is done, now you can launch Windows 95! Get Set Go!
So these were summarized steps & ways to download & install Windows 95. We would also warn you that, do not forget setting your Time Zone. Now, you have got an idea how to download Windows 95 ISO & install it too.