Windows 10 is an Operating System developed by Microsoft. Windows 10 is one of the best creations of Microsoft & is widely used by people for personal as well as Professional use. The Operating System has great graphics & user interface. Windows 10 Users get regular updates automatically. However, you can postpone updates. Windows 10 is really a compact Operating System which requires a big storage. Here are the ways to Get Help With Windows Explorer in Windows 10.
There are many simple tasks that you can perform on Windows 10 by just using Windows Explorer. Well, we often go for lengthy steps instead of shortcuts because we are probably unaware of it. Well, don’t worry we are here to help you understand this shortcuts. Just stick on the post & you will be quiet knowledgeable about it. So, without wasting much time let’s tune to the intro.
|Processor||1 Gigahertz or faster|
|RAM||1 Gigabyte for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-Bit|
|Hard Disk Space||16 GB for 32-Bit OS & 20 GB for 64-Bit OS|
|Graphics Card||DirectX 9 or above with WDDM 1.0 Driver|
|Display||800 x 600|
- Start Menu Return
- Cortana on Desktop
- XBOX App
- Project Spartan Browser
- Improved Multitasking
- Universal Apps
- Office Apps
- Wi-Fi Direct Printing
- Multiple Languages
File Explorer or Windows Explorer in Windows 10 has multiple features that result in a better interface & gives Windows 10 an upper hand over Windows 8. The program in your Windows 10 Operating System that manages, navigates, opens, closes, performs multiple tasks to different files & folder. File Explorer of W10 has got more skills & features than old Windows Explorer versions. There are numerous tricks & ways to launch file explorer on Windows. Quickest Way to open File Explorer is Windows Key + E.
Other quickest method is to just type File Explorer on the search bar “ASK ME ANYTHING”. This will open File Explorer.
Also Read: How to Download & Install Windows 95 ISO
There are few additional features in new Windows Explorer as follows:
- One Drive: Similar to Google Drive. OneDrive allows you to upload or access your files. You may also store files in it as offline or online.
- File Sharing: Allows you to select & share files easily
- Quick Access: This option views you list of recently opened or accessed files. The list also consists of most frequently used files.
- Picture Tools: A basic level image tool that allows you to rotate, set as background wallpaper, slideshows, etc.
- File Menu: Allows the user to launch Command Prompt & even Windows PowerShell
- Search: Search tab lets you to search files, folders, extension file on current folder & its subfolders too.
- Custom Navigation: Left-plane navigation according to your requirement using the “VIEW” option.
- This PC: Renewed name of “My Computer” which we use to find in old ones.
- Flat UI: Flat & impressive look.
How to Get Help With Windows Explorer:
- If you like to use a Quick Access list to make your work easier, just go on the specific file or folder, Right Click on that folder & select “Pin to quick access” option. Similarly, if you want to unpin a folder, just right click & select Unpin.
- Few users have reported PC hanging problem while a right click. Well, there’s nothing too worrying about it. Here’s a solution for it:
Press “Windows Key + x” & select “Command Prompt (admin)”.Write “netsh” & tap Enter. Then press “Winsock Reset”. Just restart your computer, the issue will be fixed. Sometimes Windows update can also create some trouble. For that, just uninstall Windows Update.
Steps to Uninstall Windows Updates:
- Type “Windows Update” on Search Box
- Select Windows Update Settings
- Go to the Update History
- Select & Click on Uninstall option
- Windows Update is uninstalled.
On an off chance if you face issues using Windows Explorer even after uninstalling updates. You may try steps in command prompt as admin. We have given step by step details as follows:
- Press “Windows Key + X”
- Select Command Prompt
- Type “netsh” on Command Prompt & tap Enter. On the same windows type “win stock reset” & tap Enter.
- You may restart your computer
- Go to Start Button > Settings > Update & Security > Select Windows Update > Update History
- If you see the update such as KB3081449 or KB3081448, right click on it & select Uninstall
- Restart your Computer.
Few useful shortcuts for File Explorer:
- Alt + P: Show or hide the Preview
- Windows Key + E: Open Windows Explorer
- Alt + Shift + P: Show or hide the details
- Ctrl + N: Open a new Windows Explorer Window
- Alt + E: Edit Option in a current program
- Ctrl + E: Search Bar
- Alt + Up Arrow Key: Go up 1 folder in the folder tree.
- F1: Universal Help
- Alt + F: File Menu options of a current program